For all you Dear Readers who really don’t give a toss about whether your St. Patrick’s Day food, decorations and traditions are Irish or not this blog is for you! The following are among the best ideas I’ve found on the web to make your Paddy’s Day a festive one.
1. It’s Easy Being Green! 36+ St. Patrick’s Day Ideas for any Budget! on How Does She? – http://www.howdoesshe.com/its-easy-being-green-40-st-patricks-day-ideas-for-any-budget. Alison, Shelley and Missy are the Founders of How Does She? and their site is “all about the concept of gathering inspirational women together”. How Does She? has loads of adorable ideas and free printables for St. Patrick’s Day.
2. Guinness Float with Coffee Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Salty Peanuts and Chocolate Syrup on thefader.com – https://www.thefader.com/2012/03/06/five-spring-treats-to-make-right-now/3/. This recipe/story by Alex Frank, with yummy-looking photography by Alex Yen, and styling assistance by Hannah Schmitz, is enough to make me forget that I don’t enjoy the taste of Guinness and give this recipe a try. Could be a crowd pleaser for adults.
3. 17 Days of Irish Love on the Tiny Tiara – http://tinytiaraparties.wordpress.com/?s=St.+Patrick%27s+Day. Nicola’s sweet site features ideas from across the internet and has one idea a day for the 17 days in March leading up to St. Patrick’s Day. If you’re planning a family party or having friends with children over, this site will surely give you some great decorating ideas.
4. St. Patrick’s Day Party Dessert Table – http://blowoutparty.com/blog/2011/02/st-patricks-day-party-dessert-table/. Nothing could be easier than a dessert party if you’re having friends over after Mass or the parade on St. Patrick’s Day. Cute and simple…what could be better?
5. St. Patrick’s Day Evites – http://new.evite.com/content/ideas/st-patricks-day. There’s still time to send a quick (and green) invitation to family and friends over the internet. Check out Evite.com’s Paddy’s Day designs. With more than fifteen to choose from, you’ll definitely find one to suit your event.